In my example this will be konsole, the KDE terminal. You can't ever get enough of them ^^
Follow these simple steps:
- Open KDE system settings dialog
- Click 'keyboard shortcuts and gesture control'
- Now "My Shortcuts" on the left should be highlighted. At the bottom center of the dialog, click "Edit", then "New->Global Shortcut->Command/Address"
- Give the Action a name, e.g. "AccessIbm Button"
- Go to the "trigger" tab, click on the button and press the "Access IBM" key. If the caption changed, you can succeed, else retry
- Go to the action tab and type /usr/bin/konsole into the text field
- Click "Apply"
From what I've seen you also can assign dbus signals, keystrokes(keyboard macro functions!) , etc. just play around with it a bit.