HistoryNearly a year ago I wrote about the radio query language and wrote a Java application called Combo.fm as a proof of concept.
Naturally, at least as far as I'm concerned, proof of concept projects are not maintained very well and buggy and the Java application was no exception. It just had some major backdraws regarding usablitly, portability and layout which made it a no-fun project.
The new Combo.fm
Enough talking, just see yourself:
I added last.fm's new mix radio and also the friends radio. Using cutting edge HTML 5, Combo.fm should work with all major browsers like Google Chrome, Mozialla Firefox and reqkonq.
As I am a person with lots of ideas, the current version is, lets say: A tiny step for me, but a huge one for the last.fm community. And now replace "step" with "beer" ;)
Its current features include:
- Listen to similar artists, tags, your library, mix radio, recommendations, neighbours and the friends radio
- Combine stations as you like by connecting them with and, or and not
- Mainstream-ness: Set how much mainstream your music should be
- Set song repetition rate on a per-hour basis
- Enable or disable discovery mode
- Sharing stations over social networks like Twitter and (maybe) Facebook
- Shout your station urls - directly from Combo.fm
- Far in the future: Last.fm player on Combo.fm which displays Combo.fm station's name properly#
Notice: Combined radio stations are still in beta stage. There might be bugs and trouble and I personally ask not to abuse it. Thank you :)
This project needs your support!
Currently the problem is that especially the new Combo.fm is largely unknown. So:
Link it! Tweet it! Like it! Share it! Put in your forums signature! Join the project!
Spread the word!
The Last.fm messias has arrived and it has great news to say: You can combine Last.fm's radio stations, in any order and as many as you like!
To the Last.fm guys. You are doing good and reasonable work! Go on with that!
To all the last.fm moderators who tested Combo.fm and reported bugs.
Skiye for the discussions, chats and testing until the late morning.
for using Combo.fm! It means very much to me :)
The creator of Combo.fm
P.S.: Can I have spam, bacon eggs and spam, but without the spam in it?